We probably all know this. For years now countless scientific researches and articles have shown and proven that sugar is unhealthy. I, myself, am highly interested in sugar or I should rather say highly interested in helping people to handle it, get rid of it and enjoy life without it! This year I am celebrating my 10 years anniversary of my first book; 10 years younger in 10 weeks, where I explained how excessive sugar intake is among others associated with blood glucose and decreases the insulin sensitivity, inflammation and premature aging.
Warning sign of harmful sugar intake:
Hard to concentration
Drama queen behavior
High blood pressure
High BMI (fat)
Diabetes mellitus type 2
No waist (love handles)
Haemophilia, hormonal imbalance, PCOS
Problems with conception
Hair growth in unwanted places
(10 years younger in 10 weeks, page 31)
We are the champions!
Several depressing facts.
Icelanders are one of the world's fattest nations. According to data from the OECD, about 60% of the population is overweight and 20% obese. By comparison, almost 45% of our Danes are overweight and 14.1% obese and 34.2% of Swedes are overweight and 11% obese. Icelanders have the highest BMI (body weight index ) or 39.3% while Danes have 32.8 and Sweden with 34.2.
According to Páll Matthíasson, the CEO of Landspitali, the hospital in Iceland, obesity is one of the main health challenges facing Icelanders in the upcoming years (Health, The Ministry of Health, July 2015).
Diabetes mellitus type 2 is acquired diabetes and is related to diet and lifestyle and is more likely to affect people that have with excess weight. Diabetes mellitus type 2 is not only influenced by obesity but also by high blood sugar. It is not clear how many people actually have diabetes 2, since not everybody have been diagnosed and can thus be at risk of getting the disease. In Denmark there are 750,000 Danes with prediabetes and 220,000 with type 2. It is expected that the number will increase by half by 2030. The same trend is everywhere in the world where diet and lifestyle are the same.
What is the problem? Just stop eating sugar!
But that is exactly the case! It isn’t easy to quit even though we know how harmful sugar can be. There are many and even complicated reasons for this:
- Sugar tastes good (or most people think so and why should you refuse yourself of something that tastes good)
- .Sugar revives safety memories (breast / bottle / nutrition and motherhood).
- Sugar is a social food; something we love to eat when we are with others, have something nice /sweet and traditional, something that produces a certain tranquility and sense of security (such as pancakes and cream, chocolate cake, popcorn and coke in the theatre, candy and ice cream and Netflix).
- Sugar is rewarding and comforting (after exercise, when you are doing something good or when you feel lonely or in a (small) crisis).
- Sugar is comforting (when you are emotional).
- Sugar is addictive, both physically, mentally and socially.
- Sugar affects the brain and nervous system and new studies show how sugar and intestinal fluid and communication between them can lead to inflammation and increased weight and lead to obesity.
- Sugar is almost everywhere hidden away as added sugar and it is difficult to avoid sugar when you consume ready-made meals, instant cakes, bread, biscuits, pizza, sauces, dried food and canned food. Added sugar is in many types of chocolate, candy, caramels, protein bars and "sweet candy".
- Sugar is also starch that is widely used in processed grains and grains such as flour, spelt and white rice. Excessive consumption of starch induces the same reaction as added sugar makes.
- Sugar is linked to the personal story of the consumer, which deals with how difficult it is to stop eating sugar and enjoy a sugar-free lifestyle. "The Sugar Story" is a personal statement that is so strong that the person believes it to be the holy truth. With such strong faith it can be difficult to cope with the sugar monster! It is possible that every single challenge you encounter in situations where you are used to get a cake, a chocolate, a pizza or a bread for example, will be misused as proof of how difficult and impossible it is to stop sugar. That is why it is easy to justify yourself and the “falling”. “This is definitely just real crap!” A little bit of sugar can’t be so bad for you”.
Or let us just go straight to the victim: "I've fallen! I'm so sorry! I can not do that! "With these" “positive" statements, you have given yourself permission to cheat -”just one bite” because now you are ashamed of yourself and you know you can calm yourself down with sugar… at least for a little while.
Fantasy and imagination!
The thing is, this isn’t true! It's not hard to stop consuming sugar! You can do it. This is exactly what my book 10-year-old in 10 weeks covers as well as the books I wrote afterwards and the essence my course GLOWING. It's not as hard as you think. But it's not a piece of cake, though it's both sugar-free and gluten-free. You must take several steps to beat and overcome the sugar monster. An you can take many important steps towards 100% sugar-free lifestyle in 4 weeks. You’ll need to:
- Calm the mind and the nervous system
- Move away from the claim, "it's so hard to stop sugar"
- Take out some things and put in another
- Create new rules and routines and break those who do not serve the purpose
- Get out of your mind, stop the crap and move your body
- Eat the right mixture of food
- Eat proper and effective additives
- Love yourself and be mild and tolerant
- Don’t go easy on yourself but take responsibility and go all in!
- Above all; enjoy your trip!
Sugar Freedom! Why?
Because you only live once! You only have one body! Because when you control the sugar and not vice versa new possibilities awake. Because it's much more fun to live and experience life with all the diversity it has to offer! Because you could become 100 years old, and now it's worth the effort that will affect even for the last t20-30 years! They could be your best!
That coefficient is body weight in kilograms divided by body height in meters in second square (kg / m2).